Monday, January 01, 2007

The last one, day that is.

Ahh the last sunrise of 2006 as seen here from Interstate 79 at Neville Island during my drive to Bavington for a group ride. I was meeting TJ, Evan Perone, Justin Stiener, Tim Lyons & Adam Bluementhall at the Eat n Park at Robinson Town Center for breakfast on december 31, 2006. I had never ridden with Tim or Adam so I was looking forward to the addition of a few new faces for this ride.



As it turns out everyone in our group was seated over 29" wheels and we all had singlespeeds. The weather turned out to be magnificant hanging in around 50 for the day and the parking lot full of other riders cars showed just how nice of a december day it was.

Everyone suited up and we gathered for this nice group photo before setting out for our ride.

Warming up and trash talking alittle before headin out.

This was my first large group ride in some time and it was nice a nice way to end the year. In fact we rode 32 miles for the day and found ourselves delightfully exhausted at the finish. I pulled out of the lot and immediatly started to think about what to do for the New Years Eve ahead. I'm not one for large social events nor do I really drink so this is one holiday that really doesn't mean much to me. I called Michelle and asked her what she had in mind which turned out to suite me fine, she wanted to stay home and cook a nice little dinner then watch the "ball" drop on tv before calling it a year. I loved the idea and took itone step futher by offering to make the dessert.

I stopped at the market picking up milk, pudding and ice cream. Now let me tell I will be using all three ingredients for my last dessert. After dinner I cooked up the pudding but not before loading a large bowl with ice cream. You see this treat requires speed and timing. Once the pudding boils you pour it over the ice cream "hot" and start eating quick! I absolutly love this and it wrkes great with chocolate on vanilla ice cream or as seen here butterscotch on vanilla ice cream. What a way to end the year.


Happy New Year

stork

No comments: