Friday, January 12, 2007

Its the Gift that keeps on giving, Clark!

I got home the other night and once again a box awaited me on the back porch. How exciting it is to find something like this. I couldn't wait to get it inside and opened. I tried to stay calm by going in and taking my time by first checking e-mail and then plugging my laptop in to charge. I even called my buddy TJ and told him that the "box" was in my basement. He asked how it looked and I replied "brown". "No! not the box you idiot I mean the frame" he replied. Oh that? I haven't opened it yet. With that I hung up and ventured downstairs to unbox my gift.

I knew what was in the box because I had chosen the model and the custom paint but what made this so exciting is that this particular frame is unavailable to most shops until sometime in late Feb/Early March and along with most people I myself had never actually seen one. Most of these frames are only in the raw stage of production in Waterloo (Trek/Fisher Factory) so all the guys at ToP where going to want to see this frame and I had one!

Here it comes! Any guesses? Yep its a Fisher! Of course its a 29er! Nope not a 2007 Rig or a Supercal.



Its the brand new Gary Fisher Ferrous 29er. Which is a high end super light TrueTemper OX Platinum Steel Tube Frame. Yea Steel. I haven't gotten a chance to weight it yet but it feels light and boy is this a stylish frame. In my 5 years of riding I have never ridden a steel frame bike. So far they have all been aluminum or titanium and i'm really looking forward to riding this steel horse soon. It comes with a really cool eccentric bottom bracket so it can be set up as a single or multi geared machine.
Ok Thats all the pictures for the moment. If your really interested then check back in the future for another post with better photos of the frame.

later

stork

2 comments:

Soupie said...

that head badge r00lz

Tim said...

I like the site, well done!

Can you imagine how cool it would be to get a new bike and be enrolled in the sausage of the month club?

Tim