Saturday, January 20, 2007

TJ- The Absent Author

Ok Some of you have probably noticed that I had invited TJ to post on my site some time ago. You also probably noticed that he never has yet! Well I have been bustin' his chops about it weekly but its always "I've been busy but I'm workin' on it". So last week he had this really "off" ride and started telling me about it until I quickly cut him short. "Dude I don't want to hear about it, post it and I'll read it" He again whined like a 5 year old eating brussel sprouts, but, but, but! But nothing just post it. So when I received an e-mail tonight telling me he had written a post but was unable to log on, well my surprise was indescribable. So without further waiting the following is TJs first post.
Forever the Frame pump

Hey Hog-Nuts, (this is a friendly name we use for anybody)

I'm here at work. Alone. Saturday night. Nothing keeping me sane but Tool's Anemia album blaring on Don's expensive outdoor speakers, a warm cup of fresh coffee from Nick, and the thought of something to write on your Blog in my otherwise static-filled head. Unfortunately, I've already committed to this endeavour with this mild diuretic in hand, or I would go home and try to watch the back of my eyelids. I might as well keep moving forward though, this needs to be started sooner or later. Forty-six and 2 is adding some motivation as well.

I was going to post something about the extravaganza that happened Wednesday on the hybrid/commuter out near my place on the dirt roads of Indiana County. You know, with the punctured tyre, faulty tube, poe-dunk gas station with one patch left, and only 790 kcal out of 2200 completed. I assure you in would have been interesting for your massive fan-base. It was perhaps going to be titled; "Forever the Frame-pump" or "Another day. Another Flat. Wonderful stories from within training miles of Pro mountain-bike knuckleheads" Something along those lines. Or perhaps I was going to blog about how it is difficult to ride in a blizzard without a cycling cap. Or maybe even the new Bontrager Race Lite saddle I'm falling in love with. The Tubeless 29'r wheels we received from T.O. would have been an interesting topic to post something about too. You know, my opinion for people to kill free time reading instead of doing something else more constructive.

But. I can't. The invitation to be your friend on your website has expired. However, I think you discontinued your friendship with me, and it is all over this Sunday. I know what you're going to say; "ohhh, I see how it is TJ. You have a NEW friend now. Miss (Name Left out for Legal reasons). You can't ride with me anymore. My ankles are too thin and my smile isn't as nice. Plus I don't use Bath & Body works shower products! " Well Mr. Saeler you're wrong. It is my "off" week, so I'm taking it easy on the fixed gear. I'm not going to spend every Sunday riding 5 to 6 hours with you and only you. Get over it. Besides, I'm also taking YOUR woman as well. To breakfast even. You can have fun riding with Tim Lyons. He's borderline retarded anyway, you two will get along fine. But just remember one thing pal, he was my friend first, and he likes Cranberry way more than Robinson. They Suck, especially Christian and Casey. Tim Lyons likes us way better!! Ohh, and Adam B. is my friend first too. You can have Bob Myers, The Don, and Nick as your #1 friends!

Well Travis Saeler. I'm done harassing you on your own website. I'll see you Monday and we'll beat the hell out of one another next Sunday at Kennerdell. The #1 destination in my book, the place rocks!

We'll see you on the flip side. More to be posted as it rolls out of my skull-box. Don't forget your frame-pump, patch kit, and sanity.

Christian, Casey, and the rest of the Robinson Crew. You rock!
Tim, you said it first.


Travis, I'm saving this, But this is what I planned on posting...
talk to ya.
tj

There you have, TJs first and last post since we are no longer friends. Not really its all part of the sarcasm that keeps us sane. I'm really not upset that he won't ride with me and me only. I understand he is unable to maintain my stringent training schedule. Lots of Love Buddy

stork

No comments: