Saturday, January 27, 2007

Finally the Ferrous comes to Life

My Saturday started out @ work but quickly I found myself at the Cranberry store staring at these parts. What are they? well they are a new set of Avid Juicy Carbon brakes. Wow are they nice. I could go on and on about the innovative ideas I see in these but I won't bore you. So I started the official build of the Ferrous with a couple of hours hanging out, drinking coffee, and mounting things like the fork (Reba Race 29er), King headset, Bontrager X lite carbon bar, Bontrager Race stem and these brakes. I finally got the urge to return home to the the other parts that where awaiting to be bolted onto this frame I said my goodbyes to the shop employees, gathered up the almost complete bike and departed.

Once arriving home I filtered through my shelves for all the other goodies I had to install for the drivetrain. Lets see how about a Boone Ti rear cog, oh yea lets add a Boone Ti Chain ring cut to mount right to the XTR M952 cranks. Then lets complete it with a really cool KMC S10 stainless singlespeed chain how pretty! Ok are you drooling on the keyboard, no? Well I am this thing looks sleek with the small diameter tubing and the tricked out black paint. In fact I had to cage the beast before leaving for the night due to its desire to move! This bike looks fast! So here are a few photo's but not to many. If you really want a good look stop by one of the Trek of Pittsburgh store, it just maybe hanging out. No worries if you can't get there. I'll be posting a few photos daily over the next week.






After all that bike building I took a break and meet up with my Godchild Hannah and her awesome sister Jilly for some coffee and pie.



Your looking at 3 of the fastest pairs of legs in Butler! Jilly and Hannah are both track stars! Hannah currently at the High school level and Jilly at the college level and I of course ride the bicycle, sometimes i even do it fast. Ok your right 2 of the fastest pairs of legs, who am I to think I had a fast pair of legs?

Love ya Hannah & Jill

Goodnight

stork

1 comment:

Soupie said...

It is retarded how sick the build out on this bike is