Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Christmas Continues, 4 Me!

Well the holidays maybe officially over but for me it's been carried over for a few more weeks. I arrived home the last night to find a surprise package containing a set of the new Bontrager Race X Lite TLR Tubeless Ready 29er wheelsets. Let me be the first to tell just how sweet these look and talk about light, Yea they're light in fact so light that my inside contact at Fisher had to weight down the box for shipping. He told me that when he originally took the box to the shipping dept. that UPS would have had to pay him to ship it and they wouldn't allow that. So he had to stuff some small items into the box. The UPS carrier thought maybe he was trying to ship Helium in a box and at first asked to open and inspect the package all the while explaining that UPS will not ship gases. Eventually they got it straightened out by adding some weight and here it is. Fabulous!


Anyone of you folks out there that ride understand the feelings of receiving, opening and handeling such packages. Its better than most Christmas gifts!



Ok I'm so excited, so I'm boxing these back up and placing them in the new bike parts bin for my future build (hint: look for a post soon when I get the frame for this, its already shipped) and I'm going out for a night ride.

stork

No comments: