Monday, March 19, 2007

The Wrong Door

Friday Evening I managed to ride in yet another snow storm which proved to be very tricky with the steady snow coming down making traction a little difficult. Somewhere between Tuesaday and friday I went out the wrong door and eneded up in winter again! Never the less I made the ride & finished up by swinging past the local farm for a few pounds of ground beef. With the extra 4 pounds I finished the last couple of miles in the blinding snow and fell exhausted on the couch for the evening.
As spring & the 2007 race season gets nearer I should be training, concentrating on my skills and improving my weaknesses but hey we all need some time to relax. Yes I rode the bike more than a couple of times over the weekend but Saturday I spent most of the day with two of my favorite girls. Hannah & Jill. We took a ride to the Trek Store to talk with TJ about Training & Coaching. These girls come from a Family that lives for Sports. My Aunt Mary & Uncle Steve have always been educators to the younger ones in the family when it comes to Sports. This is clearly visible in both Hannah & Jill as neither girl is afraid to sweat alittle when it comes to running Track & Field.
After having Lunch with them and hanging out I returned home to ride. Sunday I got out early for a "quick" ride before going with Michelle and her "workmates" to Bowl for the Big Brothers & Big Sisters.

stork

No comments: