Monday, March 05, 2007

Country Egg, City Egg

Why can't all intersections have signs like this? Lately I've been adding a few extra miles to my current loop by heading out a few unknown roads in Armstrong County. After coming up on this intersection I started wondering why all intersections don't have a sign like the one seen here. Look at all my choices and each way gives the mileage!
This was the scene as I came around the bend on Fenelton road during Saturdays ride. This truck came slugging thru the overflowed Buffalo Creek. Thanks to full fenders I managed to cut thru the 8" deep water without getting wet.

Other than this roadway being flooded the rest of Saturdays ride was bright and beautiful. I actually saw 52 degrees for the temp and was able to dress for riding without my signature winter jean shorts. Another sign of the warm temperature was all the dogs I encountered. It seems that since the day was nice everybody sent there mutts out into the yard and most of these areas see very little car traffic so the dogs felt free to chase this skinny biker up the tarmac.

stork

No comments: