Friday, March 23, 2007

At the Gates of Tashbaan

The first day of spring arrived and I took the morning off to get a ride in with TJ and our friend Tim Lyons. We meet early at the ToP cranberry store where we enjoyed a little coffee while suiting up for the ride. Tim Races for the Freddie Fu Road Team so TJ and I had prepared for getting worked over a little today. Previously we have ridden with Tim on the trails with single speeds where we felt in our element so this was a complete turn around for us today. This would be only my second ride on the Lemond Bueno Aires Carbon. Since the last ride felt a bit stiff I made the choice to lower my pressure from 100 to a softer setting at 80psi. Tim thought this to be a little on the low side but I assured him that with a little finesse 80 pounds can be pulled off. He gave me a look along with a small laugh while muttering something about crazy mountain bikers. If anyones crazy its them roadies and I was preparing to get schooled.As it turned out Tim actually treated us pretty fair for the day, he kept everything at our level and never did punish us by pushed the pace. The 3 of us did little drafting and managed to maintain a level where talking was capable. The ride took us from Cranberry thru ConnieQ rolled out around Butler and the Community College past the outskirts of Saxonburg and back around Mars, Evans City to our return. It was a really good steady paced ride and I was lucky to have been invited along. When you get a few guys all at a fairly equal fitness level riding together it's amazing how much fun you can have. I haven't ridden with anyone but Michelle a few times & myself in over 2 months so I can't say it enough how much I enjoyed this ride.



A departing Shot of Tim, Stork & TJ just after their "1st Day of Spring Ride"!



Once we got back to the shop I hammered down a pint of Deans Ultimate Chocolate Milk that I had chillin in the frig and then Tim & I went next door to Moe's for an early lunch. A little talk about how great the ride was and back off to work I went.



Thanks to TJ & Tim

stork

No comments: