Thursday, March 08, 2007

What Happened at the Front Door

Good morning all! Last night after getting in a small bike ride on my new Lemond Poprod Disc (love it) i traveled to Shadyside for the opening party for the newest Trek of Pittsburgh store. All that know me understand that I usually avoid "parties" but this seemed more in line with me. Bikers in a non smoking environment surrounded by new bicycles and bike gear. Don even made sure there was water there for those of us who pass on the beer & wine. Thanks Don I feel the love! Everyone was having a good time and for a moment I thought this was a travissaeler.com party because all five of my site readers where here but who am I talking to... you know that. Also Bob Myers from Trek, Micheal Browne (Trek), Maurice (Dirt Rag), Josh Feazell (Bianchi) and many many others whom I really didn't know where attending.
What are these guys talking about? No one knew but this group was spotted several times whispering about something. Come on guys let us in on the scoop?

Now this group was overheard talking about the Road Nats at Seven Springs. I believe they are looking at one of the road courses on the laptop. Thats Jimmy, Dubby, Terry and Fred.
You know these guys right? Dubby & Terry! They where seen at almost every finish line of the MASS races last year. Millennium Sports Timing in the house!
These guys are great friends and hopefully I get a chance to race with them this year since they won't be timing all the MASS events. Later in the evening Dubby paid me a huge complement by comparing me to Gunnar Shogren when telling someone of me riding through the finish lines during races. He said he would see the first several guys coming through on their first laps with their heads down and a serious look on their faces... then I would come tooling around the corner waving while rolling around the cones and through the finish line tape singing something that was playing on my mp3. He said it was straight up Gunnar style! I'm honored, thanks Dubby!


Well it took me all night to get out of here and I finally left around 11 p.m. for the drive home. Thanks to everyone there and I wish Josh all the luck managing his new store. Make sure you check this store out if you're in the area, very, very cool! C-ya all later


stork



No comments: