Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Bell and the Hammer

Waving goodbye to the snowy weather! This may very well be the last pictures to be taken in the snow for this winter.


I've been riding in some sunshine & rain for the past 3 days, which is a pleasant change from the snow seen above. Michelle managed to get a few hours of riding in on Saturday morning before her and a friend settled in for "bake fest 2007". Since there was a family gathering Sunday for my Brothers recent marriage (he lives in CA) she decided to bake cookies for it.


Julia (seen here on the right not smiling) will be upset to see this pictures posted. She expressed her feelings quit frankly about the photo session but I couldn't pass on it!



Anyway my rides where atop the new Lemond Poprad Disc which I found to be an excellent winter road bike. When there isn't the need for the full fenders and a extra pack, that's all a part of the Portland, this bike comes in handy. More go and less extras. It's a little lighter than the Portland, which hits the scales around 40+, and this makes traction a little harder but that adds to the fun of the ride.


I found some time to hang out @ the Cranberry ToP on Saturday evening while "bake fest 2007" got started at home and you wouldn't believe the faces I saw there. In fact here's one for all of you to guess. I'll let you in on this guy and his wife in my next post but until then do you recognize him? He's in the MOM "Hall of Fame" and a great great guy!

stork

No comments: