Thursday, March 01, 2007

Super Sale Event


Here's a shot of the ToP warehouse on this past Sunday. Since I'm new to this shop I've heard about this yearly sale so I thought I would go check it out after getting in a ride. All the employees have treated me like family since signing on as a racer for them back in October so I showed my support by going. ToP closes all of its other locations and all employees report to the Robinson location for this 9am to 6pm sale. Let me tell you that anyone who rides owes it to themselves to attend this. There where 100s of fabulous deals. Several scratch/dent Bianchi frames ($100 each), Wheelsets w/Dura-Ace hubs ($349 a set)
Seeing the amount of merchandise and the hearing about the number of people that where waiting at the door before 9 leaves me thinking that this warehouse will be to small for next year.
While visiting the sale I was offered a spot on the Discovery Cycling Team and made a gentleman's agreement to race for them. Later I found out that this guy was really just a bike rep and had no authority to offer me a deal, oh well maybe next year. I even tried to leave wearing this cool jersey but they made me give it back along with the hat.
GW built up this fixed gear ride and convinced me to try it out. Its not for me! I would most definitely not for me, I would more than likely hurt myself riding. Those that do ride fixed gear bike have a whole different set of skills that i do not posses.

The happy face as seen on all ToP employees during Sundays sale.

Even I found something to buy at this sale and I highly suggest to catch it when it rolls around next year.

stork

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.