Saturday, April 21, 2007

Still Searching Rev 1

Day two of testing the Ferrous-

Changed the cranks from my usual XTR & Boone Ti Ring to the Bontrager SS Race Cranks

These cranks use a Truvativ Bottom Bracket which have 113mm Spindle instead of the 112.5 of the XTR and these also have a thinner crank arm which with a combination of the two should give me the necessary clearance.

Again out to the "testing grounds" of Moraine State Parks MTB Trail. Thankfully changing these items did the trick but now I'm forced to use a Q Factor that is wider than I like and at times while maneuvering thru the rocks I noticed my leg/calf still touching the seat stays due to their width. This isn't horrible but I didn't like it. Will I race this bike? Probably because I like the feel of the springy steel. How about racing it tomorrow? No. I still need to dial in a few other things so if I manage to feel ok (still fighting a lingering cold and allergies) I'll probably race the Vet class with my Paragon for a warm up to Greenbrier AMBC race that is coming next weekend.

stork

2 comments:

mikeh said...

You could try to have your pelvis widened or perhaps the Crank Bros Pedals width the shortened Spindles to get the Q factor you prefer

mikeh said...

You could have your pelvis widened or perhaps try the Crank Bros Pedals wit h the shortened spindles to achieve your preferred Q factor.