Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter Sunday


This begins the story of the Cat & the Duck. Once upon a time (Easter Sunday 2007) I was riding my bike (no surprise) and I came upon a cat & a duck hanging out together near the edge of a pond ( in Rattigan). I slowed down as I heard the duck yelling (more like a quack) at me to be more cautious of the wildlife! At this time I noticed the cat sitting there clearly knowing that he was no match for the Duck so he was looking for something else to hunt as he ignored them. I stopped and watched several other waterfowl meandering around the water at which time I notice this guy walking the waters edge with a white goose following him. I immediately became interested & curious so I watched for awhile. The man was walking and cleaning up around the edge of the pond and the goose followed him everywhere and every so often the man would lean over to somewhat scratch the goose as it honked for his attention. It was cool to watch this and eventually the man made his way to a small shack where he scooped some seed or grain and started spreading it around on the ground. It was a great morning to be riding and one of the first times in more than a week or two that I've ridden back towards Rattigan. I had Easter Duties to tend to so I had to make this a short & sweet ride but I managed to waste more than a few minutes here watching the Ducks feed in the wet grass and pick at there plumage. They are really magnificent creatures and I enjoyed the time watching them. Wel thats it for the Easter Sunday ride, not much to tell but as always enjoyable! It never seems to be a chore to ride and once i'm out with the wheels rolling time just slips away.
stork


No comments: