Tuesday, February 13, 2007

.....WINTER STORM WARNING!.......

This is what I see rolling across the bottom of my TV screen tonight. We heard about the "storm" all day Monday and even Michelle had made the decision to stay home from work before leaving on Monday. I woke up this morning to watch the snow start while sipping a cup of "joe". I on the other hand had several things to take care of so I reported for duty but had plans to leave early and finish working from home later this evening. Everyone at work knows how much I enjoy riding in the snow so it wasn't a surprise to see me all "bubbly" so early in the morning. Most coworkers chuckled while asking "you're planning on riding in this, aren't you?" I could barely hold back with my reply of "hell yea!"

I managed to exit just soon enough to get a ride in before nightfall and on my way back I ran into Michelle who had just started out for a short loop so I continued with her.

Before catching up with Michelle I practiced my drafting techniques with the only other person crazy enough to be out on these roads with me.
I passed this particular Plow truck 4 times during my route and on one of our meetings he passed me with the plow close enough that I could have leaned out and placed my hand on it. He politely waved and I took that as an invite to draft. I tucked in behind the spreader (which he left off every time we passed) while still remaining in his sight and stuck with him for a 1/4 mile or so until he must have gotten tired of the speed and pulled away giving me a little beep. Now I don't recommend doing this but these guys have been seeing me a couple times a week and we are on some really rural back roads.
Later during my ride with Michelle we passed the plow truck from the Township that we live in and he stopped at the top of the hill to ask me how I managed to keep my bike upright on these roads. I told him it took some technical skills and a little help from him with the plow and ashes. He laughed at me, called me crazy and told me to be safe while enjoying the evening then proceeded down the hill past Michelle who was still cranking the pedals (maybe pushing) up the hill.
Well I hope you too got the chance to ride and enjoy the fresh snow fall.

......WINTER STORM WARNING......... The End

stork

No comments: