Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Jack Frost comes along for a ride

So here it is, it's been a few days since my last post so you ask "what's up?". Not much its darn cold here in western PA so there hasn't been a lot of time for riding. Michelle has been confined to the indoor trainer, yet I managed to get out on Sunday which had temps in the single digits and again tonight with a temp of 12 degrees. Both times I left the house on my Rig only to turn around and swap it out for the Portland. There was too much snow to make any headway in the trails which left me cruising the roadways with the nippy air in my face. It was nice to see Jack Frost out riding with me, you see just when you think its going to be nice all winter Mister Frost stops by for a couple of weeks! This allowed me to try out some new glasses I picked up which are made by Serfas. I believe the model is called "Hunter" and they have a full one piece lens. They worked well for me on the open road by covering most of my upper cheek and all the way around my eye. It was nice to be shielded from the wind which was responsible for the several cases of frostbite on the local news. These glasses didn't seem to fog up on me and the best thing is they are under $50! If I trash them or breakem I'm not out hundreds like some glasses cost.


Here's a look at my bike after my Friday afternoon ride in the snow. Sunday I got in around 28 miles in the frigid air and tonight i took it one mile for every degree of outside temp on my HAC4 Cyclometer, which read 12.

Later

stork

No comments: