Monday, February 19, 2007

Dust Remover #9

Another weekend of snow flurries and temps in the low twenties during the afternoons. Lately I've been taking my rides towards the east into Clearfield Twp. This photo is overlooking the hills of Rattigan. Where is Rattigan? Well its one of those dots on my County map that when you get there its nothing more than an intersection or just a general area. Kind of like Fenelton, Carbon Center, or even Woodbine where I live. The cool thing about riding in these areas tend to be the fact that you see very little traffic and its mostly wooded roadways or open fields. Friday on my ride thru Carbon Center I saw a man sitting in the snow about 10' off the road in winter snow camo. I slowed to a stop and said hello. He told me he was hunting Coyotes and I could hear the the other guy with him working the "call" used to bring them in. How cool was this? Only a few miles from my house and there are guys hunting Coyotes! I wished him luck and continued on.
This is how I found my way around over the weekend. Somehow I ended up on Hickey Bottom road which was alright except that I had a tough time getting to it and found myself in Armstrong County for a while when searching for it. So what you ask? Well the map in hand is only for Butler County which made me "lost" for sometime while traveling the roads in Armstrong. No worries, the great thing about new routes is that you just keep taking roads until something looks right or turn around and backtrack.After all my riding this weekend I only did one other thing.... eat. Michelle's Homemade Cherry Pie (which lasted less than 24 hours)


Ummmm Butterscotch Pudding over Vanilla Ice Cream.


Visiting my godchild Hannah... oh look fresh pies. Blueberry & Cherry how nice, I had better taste both, which I did. Thanks Aunt Mary delicious as usual!
Dinner with the Family @ The Black Forest German restaurant & Bier Haus in Parker PA, where I had Wiener Schnitzel , Spatzel (buttered noodles) and Potato Pancakes followed by a huge piece of German Apple Pie.
Lots of riding and lots of eating which made for a pleasant weekend.

stork


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Travis, I really enjoy your sight and the pictures and comments of your travels through rural Butler County eventhough I, myself am not a biker. Keep up the good work and be safe out there!