Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Night Ride, Finally!

Ok it finally happened! I managed to gather up my equipment which was now working and headed to North Park with Chris and Mike (Mike seen leaning on the tree). Last night with mild temps we started out near the ice rink and headed into the vast trail system thru-out the park. Chris immediatly took authority as our trail guide by leading the way. As we rode thru the mud due to the warm temperature (40+), Chris would explain our exact location in the park and tell us about the current trail we where riding. I was impressed by his knowledge of the park and it was refreshing to be following instead of guiding as I usually have to do on most rides.


Here we see Chris working on his lighting system. Which he had convinced Mike and I of being the most reliable system one could own by showing us the "backup" power supply. I think Mike and I caught on that it was actually a system made for two lights and since he only used one, when that battery cable failed he simply plugged the light into the other cable. Smart idea and even smarter to trick Mike and I into believing that this was the manufactures intent! Funny stuff. Chris was riding a Paragon 29er and seemed to be getting excellent traction in the semi-sloppy mud just as I was on my Rig 29er. Mike on the other hand, needs to upgrade to the larger tires! Yea Mike I said it, get those big tires...you'll love'em. Both guys are great riders and it was a load of fun riding with them. Anyway since we mostly rode I didn't get many pictures. These two guys like to stay moving which is nice! Thanks to the both of them for including me on their ride.

stork

No comments: