Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Where Have I been?


Yesterday i received a call from my brother in CA asking why i haven't updated any posts on the site and wondering what i've been doing? I told him if he would upgrade to a newer pair of glasses he could actually read them. See living in the CA sun& heat has recently started to take its toll on him as you can see. He is really a few years younger than me (although its hard to tell) but the daily exposure to the elements and his job as a firefighter have not been kind to him. His mind is however as sharp if not sharper than ever before but i am concerned with his physical well being. So with that let me update you on the past few weeks.

Well starting on Labor Day weekend I along with TJ Platt, DanWilson & Gerry Pflug raced the 24 hour Champion Challenge @ 7 Springs mountain resort. Rain filled the entire weekend which left all of us no other choice than to race singlespeeds. We hung out with the other Dirty Harrys teams, raced, rested, ate junk food and drank lots of Deans Milk (thanks to Deans Food and Jamie Smith). Yea thats right lots & lots of Deans milk, since Jamie showed up friday evening with 70 odd some Milk Chugs. Everyone came around our camp to "steal" some of the good stuff !
Milk really is a great recovery drink and I practically lived on it during this race. As did Amy & Fitzy (pictured) from one of the seven Bikeline Teams. Following our Victory I headed home w/Michelle (support for me at the race) rested up and then drove of to Queens New York with Michelle and my younger sister lovingly know as "pig" to see some of this years US Open Tennis tournement. This begun well monday evening but tuesday morning after just one match the rain again came to haunt my vacation. Never letting up they cancelled all matches for the day leaving Michelle, pig & I waiting around until wednesday. This really turned out well since the matches we got to see ended up being awesome and all 3 of the remaining americans (Roddick, Davenport and Blake) played in front of us! And for a bonus one of the matches we saw had Maria Sharapova (Russia Goddess) slamming the ball across court right there live and in action!

Anyway they past few weeks have been pretty busy at work leaving me little time to ride. I have been trying to get out but it really feels like the end of the season and I'm looking foward to a few long fall rides with a friends instead of driving hours just to race. This weekend I should be attending another MASS race and will update everyone after.
Enjoy the cool weather!








No comments: